Oregon, July 2016

Oregon, July 2016

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Tastes Like Spring

Happy New Year!! We couldn't wait for dinner to try our next recipe, so I made it for lunch. (That and Tim has amended his challenge to say it's ok to eat at "happy hour"! Haha). So since Tutta Bella Pizza is our Sunday family tradition, it seems ok to continue some traditions in the midst of our eating makeover. So our dinner recipe for today got bumped to lunch. And what a TREAT! I whipped this up in about 15 minutes. Tim ate 3 bowls I think, and Lucy even nibbled on some, although the grilled cheese sandwich took most of her attention.


I did make a couple of substitutions to this Spinach, Pasta and Pea Soup. The "pea" is sneaky for chickpeas (or garbanzo beans). I subbed Israeli Couscous for the orzo, and leftover winter greens (kale, chard, etc) for the spinach. The lemon rind and juice make this taste fresh from my garden...if I had a garden! This recipe is a keeper! Do try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment