Sooooo, despite the odds against me, I managed to make two soups and 2 desserts, and had a delightful visit with our old friend Wendy. That right there makes me feel like super mom! I highly recommend each one of these recipes!
I made for our "new mom" at church an old standby of Sweet Potato, Sausage and Kale soup. It's hearty, healthy, and fairly easy, minus the chopping. (darn, even the website doesn't have a photo). I also made a Blueberry Crisp with blueberries I had frozen from the summer. Hopefully they enjoy it.
For our dinner, I tried a new recipe for Chicken soup with cabbage and apples. This was a good choice since our friend had a small cold, and it had some interesting flavors, including fennel, caraway and cider vinegar. I didn't have enough time to make dessert before our guest got here, but after she left, Tim and I delighted in these brownies! Oh my goodness. Yum. I'm not even a brownie girl, but the "20" servings will be gone before Monday, undoubtedly! I made them in an 8x8 pan and cooked them longer, so they were thicker and fudgy! These are not my brownies, but a photo from the recipe.

On a cute Lucy note: Today I was listening to a Harry Connick Jr CD in the car, one of his broadway love songs cds that Lucy hasn't heard. She has heard a few of his Christmas CD's. After a bit of piano playing, he started singing, and almost immediately, she (apparently) recognized his voice, and asked to listen to "the happy elf song", her favorite from one of his Christmas CDs. I was amazed and impressed that she knew it was the same singer!! I think she's got a good ear for music, and should probably expose her to more variety and more often!
Happy Weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment