Oregon, July 2016

Oregon, July 2016

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Little Miracles

I'd like for this post to be full of miracles...big and small. I feel like I am privy to them more often than I acknowledge. Some are less suited for the "blog" atmosphere. But I like this one. We finally got to introduce Lucy to my Mom and Michael (aka Nana and Boompa) in person 2 weeks ago. We had worked long and hard reminding my mom NOT to cry when she saw Lucy, because that would scare her!! Well, miracle number one was that my mom pulled it together to greet Lucy like a normal person, and not blubber her way thru the first visit! (said with all loving respect!) The other miracle, was that Lucy took to my mom right away. She went to her, played with her, and even let my mom hold her without even a glitch!!! I thought that was special at the time, but I was reminded how unique that was for Lucy when we got home. We had our small group over, the same people who have been over since Lucy was born...and that night Lucy was still a bit shy towards a couple people, and clung close to me while she watched them trying to win her over. I thought, Wow, she KNOWS these people, and she still hesitates at times. What a miracle it was, that we could maximize our time with Nana and Boompa, without wasting a whole day just "getting to know each other".

No comments:

Post a Comment