So about 2 weeks ago, I was telling Tim about Shannon's last MBM, and I was getting frustrated. "I want a box like that! I want a LIFE like that...where stories of God just pour out. I have NOTHING of interest, at least not like that. It's not that I don't believe God loves me, or that He hasn't provided, it's just not story-telling worthy." Tim actually scolded me slightly, and came up with a few ways just in our short time together that he thought were MB worthy. Then I did cry, disappointed in my greedy heart.
So that night the brain started churning for him. He spent approximately 20+ hours he said looking for just the right items, and he outdid himself!! Timmy bought me (us) our very own memorial box, with several items wrapped individually to jumpstart our memory story telling. He wanted it to be made of glass, so we could see the contents all the time!
I'm going to spread out the the stories over the next few weeks but the box itself is the story for now. My husband is the best listener, my best friend, my best supporter. Did you see the "title" he created for the box? "All I have needed, Thy hand hath provided, Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me." I am so thankful for Tim, his gifts, and that he points me back to our God, who so faithfully provides!! He said, "we should find things to put in there from BEFORE we met"! haha, yes dear that's the point of it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the box: the look, the contents,the title, and all that it means. Thank you so much Hunny Bunny.
In the future, when your children ask you, 'What do these stones mean?' tell them that the flow of the Jordan was cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD. When it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever."

so precious. Now you need a special shelf for it!
ReplyDeleteOh!!!!! You have me in tears!!!!! Praise God for such a beautiful birthday gift!!!!! Also for all that He has done! It is funny, each week I think "that's it, I don't have any more stories....what now God?" and over the week He reminds me of something! It has been SUCH an amazing thing for my relationship with God and has helped me so much when times have been tough.
ReplyDeleteOh I am so excited for you!!!!!!! Love that we have re-connected too :)
Shannon
What a wonderful, thoughtful, special gift! And how beautiful that it serves as a reminder of all God has done and also all that he is doing. I think we quickly forget the mighty works of God that show up in so many small corners of our lives. Thanks for sharing--beautiful!
ReplyDelete