Oregon, July 2016

Oregon, July 2016

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Braggin' on Lucy

I'm so proud of Lucy and how great a big sister she truly is. My favorite "mind's eye" pictures of her in these days are ones when she's lovin' on her brother. In the car, she sits next to him, and she frequently holds his hand with one hand, sucks the other thumb, and sits quietly for our ride. Or she'll sing him quiet lullabys that she writes herself. The other day Lucy was watching tv and I was watching Henry while he lay on his play mat. She came down and laid down next to him, held his hand and continued watching tv. First thing in the morning, she comes to where he is and turns from grumpy face (she's not a morning person!!) to happy face! She truly smiles and in her sweet big sister drawl..."Good morning handsome boy!" It's sooo endearing! Frequently she comes to him (usually if I'm holding him) and just hugs him and says "I love you Henry" and gets all sappy. Perhaps she just wants to be part of the love fest, but I think she really does think highly of him! Oh yes, yesterday when he was up in his bed asleep, the moniter beeped telling us he was crying. She ran over to the moniter, confirmed that yep, her brother was crying, and booked it upstairs calling out "I'm coming Henry...I'm coming......don't worry!!"

Today she found a hymnal on my bookshelf and asked what it was. We thumbed thru it and I sang a couple of hymns. Then we took turns "reading" from the hymnal. The beauty that came out of her mouth, as she created songs of praise, "reading" from the hymnal...I can't begin to describe. I just grinned and tried to soak it all in. My cup runneth over!

No comments:

Post a Comment