Oregon, July 2016

Oregon, July 2016

Thursday, September 6, 2012

He told me to tell you...

Tim and Lucy and I were just sitting at the table after Lucy's bath enjoying a rare treat of Trophy cupcakes. (Of note, Lucy actually ate the cupcake and not just lick the frosting for the first time. I don't know whether to be proud or worried!) We were just enjoying our treats without much conversation when Lucy said "I will always be with you". I looked at her with a crooked head. "I will always be with you". I said "Where did you get that from Lucy?" She said "That's what Jesus said. He told me to tell you". ???? "Were you reading your Bible just now, or singing some songs with Daddy?" "No silly, I was reading Hickory Dickory Dock!" (Tim nodded in confirmation). I asked Tim again if that's how it went, and he said yes. Retyping it again, it kind of makes my heart beat fast. I wasn't asking any questions...but I will take the answer. In fact, I'm a little bit freaked out now.... But after that prophetic moment, Lucy initiated a game of "knock knock". except it's different than how you probably play. One person says "knock knock, who's there". then the OTHER person has to come up with who is there. for instance "Box". then person #1 says "Box who?" and person 2 says "Box Mailbox...that rhymes!". (as one example). then hilarious laughter breaks out. mostly from Lucy, but then it's catchy. My best one was "butterfly". "butterfly who?" "butterfly on my toast". Yes, that was funny. (cause Lucy always wants butter on her toast.).

2 comments:

  1. Faith like a child. I'm sure we miss so much of the love God whispers to us because we are too busy to hear. hope the cupcakes were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reassuring words ... but yes! As a worried parent who doesn't want my child not to truly be near me in physical form for a very.long.time. my heart would have skipped a few beats in worry. Ahhh! It is beautiful how she is weaving God into the everyday life though ... like we ALL should. Even when having a cupcake! She's probably more on target then all of us adults. Yes, faith like a child--it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete