Oregon, July 2016

Oregon, July 2016

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Memorial Box- Panda with a Scarlet Thread

I wanted to share a link to this great "compassionate boutique" as they call themselves. Go look at it (The first "button" on the left hand side...Scarlet Threads) then come back and read my comments if you like.

It starts back with my connection to New Day Foster Home...the organization that we sponsored for Lucy's 1st birthday party. They do great work....for orphans and China in general, as I am still learning. A couple of weeks ago, I was reading up on their blog (see my side bar), and I re-read their current "needs" list. I read that a company in the US donated special formula to New Day free of charge (bless them) but did not ship it over there. So, if anyone could bring a bunch in their suitcase (to Beijing) that would be great. Well, the next day, Tim's parents arrived, with plans to head to Beijing soon. I asked if we could fill their suitcase, or in corners, but they were already filled to overflowing with supplies they needed to take and leave there. The deadline came and went on when this (soon to be expiring) formula could be safely shipped. However, we found out another of Tim's friends was heading to Beijing within a week! I emailed the contact for the formula and they were willing to ship it immediately. I asked for 49 pounds (safely under the 50 pound limit for a suitcase?) to be shipped to our dear willing friend David. In the process, we found out the charge for international extra luggage was MUCH more than we thought, and David was already overflowing and perhaps leaving behind his own needs as it was. (David is moving to China!! Not just a visit). Yikes. We prayed that night for something to work out, because I had "gung-ho" volunteered doing this "good deed", when really I was NOT the one who would be inconvenienced in the least!! The next day we found out that Tim's parents had just found out that one of their seminars they teach was cancelled (along with the supplies they were bringing for it), which freed up a whole suitcase...just enough room for this stow-away formula!! God is SO Good at answering our prayers! (duh)

So, as Tim's mom was packing up the formula (which we were able to ship quickly from David's place) she was asking again for the contact in China to make this delivery. So I was re-looking up Carrie (the contact I had used for Lucy's bday, and this formula project as well), and clicked on the link to her personal blog via the New Day blog. In that innocent little click, I got stuck reading HER story (more like ENTHRALLED and sobbing thru the whole thing!!!).

Oh my word. Then, I saw the "button" on her blog about this Scarlet Threads company, and now I'm hooked. Part of my "hooked" is the beautiful story she shared, the way she wrote it down, and MOSTLY how God is so beautiful and compassionate, and desires to create this wonderful tapestry of connections as He works out His kingdom. Call it "6 degress of separation" or "My friend's friend's sister's niece....", but I am happy to be a tiny link in getting her story, and her vision of creating fair trade opportunity to women in her village out there to MY tiny circle of influence.

So get over there and look....or even BUY!!! (there is a product named Lucy if you are not sure what you should get!!)

Ok, this started out as just a post, but I remembered I have a little Panda that Tim put in my Memorial box for my bday. It was supposed to be in honor of Lucy's Panda Party, and how God guided so many generous hearts to give on her behalf. But I will tie a little red string (a scarlet thread) around his neck, as a reminder that God KEEPS working, and KEEPS moving in my heart to love and pray for China, "our people", God's people...and so thankful that these opportunities come with just the click of the mouse sometimes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment