Oregon, July 2016

Oregon, July 2016

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Memorial Box-Sunny Wedding Day

Three years ago today I married my sole-mate. Not believing in "soul mates", my matron of honor described the concept of "sole-mate" in her reception speech. Someone who walks beside you in this journey, walk in each other's shoes once in a while, etc. I remember this because I just re-watched my wedding dvd this week. (I do it every year so far!) We had a GREAT WEDDING DAY! We have lots of wedding reminders around the house: a framed program, framed photos, the "unity sand" we made. To get right to the point, Tim bought this tiny cup as one of the original birthday items in my memorial box, and tucked a wedding photo on the inside. The inscription says; "rain rain go away come again some other day".


It's a reminder to us of the miracle our wedding day was. The most obvious was that we had perfect weather in Seattle. The day before it was raining (during our rehearsal), and the sun came out just in time for our outdoor, 11:30 a.m. wedding. Several guests told me that the sun even came out from behind a cloud as I started walking down the aisle. REALLY?! There were several miracles that happened that weekend, some more private than others. One of them was that my mom basically ruined the outfit she was going to wear in her attempt to "fix" it, and had NOTHING to wear the day before my wedding. I did not know this, but my handy friend Carolyn, prayerfully took up the challenge to get my mom clothed!! My mom is plus sized, and not just able to walk into any store and find a "cute dress" to throw on. She agonized for months as it was to find the outfit that she did originally get, with the intent on making it work for her. So the fact that they found a complete outfit, necklace and purse and all, in one afternoon, was really nothing short of a miracle!! I'm not exaggerating here people!! AND that it matched our family color scheme!

There are other miracles....like the fact that I was walking down the aisle (albeit with a limp) after breaking my ankle only 50 days before!....like the fact that we were even getting married, when Tim takes 8 months just to pick a cell phone....and all the other little miracles I've started to share thru our memorial box stories.

It feels like way longer than 3 years, even if you count the year of dating before we got married. Now, as soon as Lucy wakes up, I'm off to find a last minute anniversary gift....the traditional theme is "leather" (or crystal if you go with the modern theme) this year. However, I did sneak in the fact that September's gem is Blue Sapphire!!!! Hint hint.

1 comment:

  1. did you decide to get Tim the leather boxers? ha ha! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete