April 2, 2006 (I know this from reading thru Tim's old email) I met Tim at a "leader's meeting", and we started our small group April 6, 2006. (We met our dear friend Chrissie that night, and here she is our nanny!! different blog!) We (Tim and I) definitely felt an instant "comfort" around each other, and we communicated well. But I had no feelings of crush toward him at this point!
So between May 25 and July 5th, (our birthdays) several things happened that sparked our relationship into something more "interesting" than co-leaders of a church group. We believe that each one was God's provision, and His hand to move our hearts in a direction that we weren't planning on. Some of the events are miraculous, some are just sweet to tell. But looking back especially at emails, it was clearly out of our hands!!
I'll start in order. My birthday (May 25), was a Thursday that year, the night of our group. It was tradition to have dessert at our group, and a few weeks before someone mentioned creme brulee. I must have said "make me that for my birthday", and he did. Tim whipped up (literally, he beat those darn egg yolks by hand, BY HAND, in order for it to be a true labor of love, or at least so that he could get some sympathy!) some WONDERFUL creme brulee. The famous creme brulee. We all ooh'd and aaahhh'd. After group he sent me an email:
"I think i somehow neglected to officially wish you a happy birthday, so here it is. I don't care what the rest of the group says about you - you're special to me! :-) Anywho, I'm so glad I met you and got to start up this group together - we're quite the team, no?"
Looking back, I see it as a nice email, that I definitely read too much into. Maybe he was flirting a little, but at the time, I was sure he was declaring something that I was NOT ready for. I panicked as I ate the leftover creme brulee in the safety of my own condo. But as I tease Tim now: if I wouldn't have overanalyzed that email, I would not have been looking to stop a relationship that hadn't started yet, and thereby would have missed the opportunity to actually start a relationship!! So in our memory box, Tim found a little bowl of creme brulee (he had to paint the contents brown-that carmelized sugar on top. YUM).

I was going to ask where on earth he found a miniture creme brulee!! I can't believe it has been so long since we met. 2006 was a good year! I am so glad that you met one another. Love you guys x
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad for the tinsy-tiny role that Seth and I were able to play on your path toward Tim. Praise God for giving us not only what we need, but also what brings us joy!
ReplyDelete