Oregon, July 2016

Oregon, July 2016

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Lucy's 5!

"Do you want to help me put this together?" asks Daddy. Lucy replies, "I'd be delighted!"

This is Lucy! One minute. 30 minutes later she is threatening to never let us sleep thru the night if we don't give her what she wants (which that time was teaching her how to open the child proof locks on the cabinets under the sink!). We laugh, cause it's not really a threat anymore. We've already realized we'll never sleep again, until she's 18 at least. Or married off.

Overall, this girl, our "beautiful light", our Lucy Mei, has been the most fun I've ever had. My constant companion, my hope for the future, and the reason I laugh on most days. And the reason I yell most days too, if I'm honest.

This year we celebrated by having a princess birthday party (duh) with a few of her girlfriends. She was thrilled to have balloons, a pinata, a beautiful princess ice cream cake, and some fun party favors, along with her best friends too of course.


Yesterday, Mother's day, Gramma and Grampa came over and gave Lucy a beautiful bouquet of roses, 5 roses (one for each year) all a different shade of princess color! Lucy loved them! She cried that night wishing she could play with gramma and grampa all the way up until bedtime!


On her actual birthday, today, we went to the zoo, where a staff member gave her a cool pin/button and a free token to ride the carousel.
and we saw 2 new animals we hadn't seen before: Cheetahs and a porcupine! Henry called it "ow ow".

Then we had lunch at her fave place, Tutta Bella Pizza! She even got to eat raspberry gelato, and Auntie Joanna joined us! She gave her a wonderful book about princesses, that will be our reading time for the rest of this month.
We made it home in time to put Henry down for his nap, and open her big present which was a Cinderella scooter! She'd been asking for a scooter for probably a year. However, now that she's finally learned how to ride her bike without training wheels, the scooter seems less exciting. She was so happy with it though, and said it was the best gift ever, and it is equally good as her bike. Sadly, it came missing a part. We should have put it together 2 months ago when we got it, but now we have to wait another week to get the part and finish putting it together.
After playing 1.5 rounds of her Jr. Rangerland board game,she got a "rain delay" on one of her turns and said "Rain Delay, on my birthday??!!", and was generally being a poor sport about not winning. So I kicked her and Dad out of the house to go ride her bike at the park. Henry and I joined them when he woke up, and enjoyed the sun for quite a while longer. We ended the night with Chicken tacos at Q-doba, and then I fell asleep at 8:30 with a headache! Lucy cut out a paper heart and laid it next to me that I found when Tim woke me up to help put Henry to bed.

This morning, (Tuesday) first thing she said when she woke up was "I can't believe yesterday was my birthday, and I turned 5!!" (Now to celebrate Henry turning 2 in 6 days!)

1 comment:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday, Lucy! What a beautiful and fun day you had! Be sure to watch for a birthday gift in the mail. We will send it soon. :-) Love you and miss you! Your Texas family: GinnyRae, Ryan, Kennedy, Cody, and Caden!

    ReplyDelete