Today, after a forced quiet time (Lucy didn't nap, but at least we cuddled)I was able to shower, and it dawned on me: I need a list!! So I made a list of things that we could do when Lucy is just sitting around sucking her thumb. (Her thumb sucking has increased dramatically since baby! I'm trying to let it go, assuming it's boredom and stress.) Here's the list of daily items we should/could accomplish each day. Lucy is already thrilled with our list....she likes checking the item off too!
Monday, June 4, 2012
Making a list, checking it off!
For the last 10 months or so, I have felt like a very passive parent. The entire first trimester of pregnancy, I was too sick and tired to do anything but make sure Lucy stayed alive, which meant wayyyyy too many hours in front of the tv while I stayed mostly unconscious on the couch. Second trimester was a little better....but then the last few months were back to letting Lucy guide our activity, and me mostly sitting. (oh yes, I remember, a terrible back injury at 12 weeks pregnant kept me out of work for 4 weeks, and cautious for many more weeks!) Anyway, during the last 3 weeks the only thing I really did for Lucy was plan and execute her (very fun) 3rd birthday! Oh, and give birth to her darling baby brother!! haha. I've watched (or listened from my bed) Lucy direct play with her dad and/or grandmommy. Luckily there were some sunny days in there when someone was able to take her outside or even to the park. But as Henry (and this eternal cold) literally sucked the life out of me, I started to worry if I could actually parent 2 children with any success. We asked Tim's parents to stay an extra 6 days. But still.....
Today, after a forced quiet time (Lucy didn't nap, but at least we cuddled)I was able to shower, and it dawned on me: I need a list!! So I made a list of things that we could do when Lucy is just sitting around sucking her thumb. (Her thumb sucking has increased dramatically since baby! I'm trying to let it go, assuming it's boredom and stress.) Here's the list of daily items we should/could accomplish each day. Lucy is already thrilled with our list....she likes checking the item off too!
I feel like such a good homeschooling mom. ;-)
Today, after a forced quiet time (Lucy didn't nap, but at least we cuddled)I was able to shower, and it dawned on me: I need a list!! So I made a list of things that we could do when Lucy is just sitting around sucking her thumb. (Her thumb sucking has increased dramatically since baby! I'm trying to let it go, assuming it's boredom and stress.) Here's the list of daily items we should/could accomplish each day. Lucy is already thrilled with our list....she likes checking the item off too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are an amazing mommy, you'll find your two kids rhythm soon enough.
ReplyDeleteI love that the angle of this picture makes the list look giant compared to making H look like a teeny little peanut :)