Oregon, July 2016

Oregon, July 2016

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tien Times, Christmas newsletter

Not everyone received a real letter and card from us this year, but I thought I'd share the year in review. I haven't blogged in a while...see reasons below!

Well, let’s jump right in: Tim has had another busy year at Amazon, doing what, I’m not quite sure! He also spent a lot of time in the dentist’s chair this year for various reasons but mostly for terrible jaw pain and dysfunction. His pain is better, but this will probably be a continual struggle to stay on top of. Otherwise, he’s just awesome at taking care of me and having fun times with his number one fan, Lucy Mei. She’s totally Daddy’s girl!

I have had a busy year of working 3 days a week and keeping up with Lucy’s growing personality! I started off 2011 pregnant, but sadly we miscarried at 10 weeks. The next 6 months were spent recovering, physically and emotionally…then we found out we were pregnant again in September! We’re so glad that this one is growing strong at 18 weeks: due May 20. (Just 4 days after Lucy’s due date!) I feel like I’ve been first trimester pregnant sick (the worst part) all year! On top of that I injured my back in November, and was off work for over 4 weeks. I’m thankful to be feeling better, from all angles, just in time for all the holiday fun!

Lucy is 2½, and is a beautiful mix of intelligence, passion (read: “stubborn”), sense of humor and compassion. She was always bringing me water and asking me “does your back feel better now?” It’s so impressive to listen to her conversations with her stuffed friends, and even learn to sass us with fairly rational arguments! She makes us laugh so much, except for the multiple times each night she still wakes us up. ARGH! We’re still hanging in there with our weekly Chinese class, where she finally let her teacher know she can count to ten in Chinese. We’ve added a weekly art class that she loves! She’s just started doing 24 piece puzzles. When the sun is out, she loves kicking around a soccer ball, especially up hills! Daily she asks to see a video of the baby in mommy’s tummy that has “the big big string” (aka umbilical cord). We think she’ll be a wonderful big sister!
Blessings to you in 2012!!!


As a p.s. to what I sent out in this newsletter, we had our big ultrasound on Dec 19, and they couldn't say for sure the gender. We might pay extra for one of those 3D ultrasounds later on, to try and get a better look (thanks for the idea Sarah B.). I don't think I could wait till Delivery day...although there might be something exciting to that element of surprise.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo - good idea on the 3D u/s! Do tell, if/when you know!! :) --Kimarie

    ReplyDelete