Oregon, July 2016

Oregon, July 2016

Saturday, September 10, 2011

"Mommy, can I have your arm please?"

$3000?! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! COME ON COME ON COME ON EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(In case you didn't realize, you don't have to have a paypal account....you can use a debit/credit card as a "paypal guest" too!!

I forgot that my friend Carrie, the one I mentioned in the last blog who worked at New Day, is offering a "carrot": if you donate $50 to the matching fund, she'll make you a hairbow for your little girl!!
Lucy won't tolerate anything on her head, but I've seen lots of pictures out there of your little girls with hair bands, bows etc!
If you want to take advantage of her offer, send her an email letting her know you made a donation. The link from her name brings you to her blog post with her promise in it and some adorable pics of her daughter wearing some of the bows! :-) Her email is on her blog!

Ok, in other news. Well, it's not new, but it is odd. Lucy has an obsession with elbows. Well, mom and dad's elbows really. Possibly the entire arm. I was lying next to her this morning (she usually cries out sometime between 3-6am "daddy daddy daddy", and will continue crying until one of us goes in and sleeps with her on the queen size mattress. (I know, it's not good sleep training, but this is what's it come to!). Anyway, she wakes up, and arranges MY arm in a particular, OCD fashion. It has to be at just the right angle, not cuddling around her, but so that she can eventually be pulling at my elbow skin, embracing the arm and then rolling over so that she is on top of the arm and all 31 pounds of her falls back asleep, probably knowing that I can't really move now, so she is safe to sleep. And this is every single day people!!

Even while we're in the car, she often asks "Mommy, can I have your arm please?" (or Daddy if he's in the car too.) Seriously, this only child who has our full attention all the time....is she that "spoiled"? Does she need MORE of us? She better chill out. I'm considering making a mold of my arm using some kind of hollywood make-up to make it life-like, and then just leave it with her as her security blanket. It's easier and more effective than chopping off my arm, don't you think!!

It makes me consider if we could ever have more than 2 children? I mean each of us only have 2 arms....a 3rd child might want a leg, and excuse me but that's just way too much. Don't worry, I've saving up money for therapy....if not for Lucy then for me!! hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment