Lucy is talking more and more in complete sentences, with conversational banter, and an amazing sense of humor! She knows most, if not all, of her letters, counts 1-10 consistently (she used to skip 567 always), and loves "reading" her books. (she has one memorized, and when she's in the right mood, she'll tell us 90% of the story, page by page. Simple plot, but we adore her!!
Nevertheless, I do forget from time to time that she comprehends, mimics what I say, and is persistent to be understood. Today we were sitting outside, while Lucy was playing in the dirt, and I was researching something online. She loves rocks, and takes great delight in collecting one every where we go. So, in true nature, when she picked one up and started "explaining" it to me, I nodded and said "nice one honey". She kept saying the same "jibberish" to get my attention, relentlessly!!! Until I repeat back what she says, she isn't satisfied. "Deeee", "Deeee". "Rock is Deeee". Finally, it clicked. I looked again, and exclaimed "My goodness it IS shaped like a D!!!!" "YES" she said, happy to finally be acknowledged, and understood!! "Lucy, you're a GENIUS!!"
It was a good reminder to listen more carefully. In the blink of an eye, Lucy is going to be asking HARD questions that I want to be wise in answering. Tim is not that talkative, but when he does it usually includes some wisdom that I NEED to listen to. I have to confess that my friends and family doesn't always get one full listening ear, let alone two. How much is God getting of my listening heart?? I don't want to miss one word or whisper from anyone in my life, so I better get out the Q-tips and do a little cleaning!

No comments:
Post a Comment