Oregon, July 2016

Oregon, July 2016

Friday, January 2, 2015

I will Fly!

Boy, this girl has some serious obsessions! I kinda think she knows that she can't fly, and yet she is working this imagination pretty hard. In the short time of about an hour, she plastered our house with motivational speeches to herself and everyone she could get to read them!

It started with this one, on the white board.
"Jump High and Far 1" "Flap 2" "Wait Til my Birthday 3" Never Give up Practicing 4"

Then a request to look under the island and read it but not out loud!
"By Lucy. It takes courage and hope to make your dreams come true." How can I even think of squashing this "dream"? I'm wondering if this new found poetic thinking is at all instigated by watching Tangled? I'm thinking high correlation!

Then, I think you can read this one without help!
A letter to Grandmommy, who never doubted Lucy, per se.
Just cause the print is light, "I will fly Grandmommy, you will see". And then, just when I thought we were done, I found a hidden message on my "teachers" notebook:
Finally, at bedtime, as she was fighting sleep, she brought it up again. Ok, Lucy, I love your passion, but you gotta know that people don't fly. Humans have been trying for eternity. "How come?" We just can't. Like Penguins. I guarantee I haven't stopped her in her tracks. I do think it's funny that she thinks it's going to happen for her birthday. Definitely have to sign her up for the indoor skydiving...closest thing to flying she'll ever know. Ha, just as I was finishing this up, Tim turned on the tv and started watching SkyFall (James Bond movie) where James Bond appears to be flying, using motorcycles of course. What a strange coincidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment