This was Lucy's 4th visit now, and what a difference the last 6 months have made!! She cried the entire time the first 2 visits, cried half the time the last visit. This time, she cooperated like a big girl on everything!!! She's so smart and sweet. So proud of her. She got to pick out all the little goodies for her take home bag. I wish I had thought to take a photo of her on the big dentist chair, holding still, opening her mouth wide, and doing so great. Instead I have these blurry photos of her NOT cooperating with the camera. Oh well, I'll totally pick my battles. This is her take home bag and toothbrush. (They always give us a little rubber ducky dressed up in different costumes....in case you need motivation to switch to this dentist!)
The most important fact is that Lucy's thumb sucking is not really affecting her bite. She doesn't suck that vigorously, or for that long apparently, so the dentist gave her a thumbs up! (well not really, but he said it didn't need to be our top stressor priority as far as getting her to stop). We'll of course keep the steady course of positive praise and gentle reminders to stop, but it's nice to know we don't have to go to drastic measures just yet.
She also did great at art class today. I posted a few more pictures back log on our facebook album. I think if I do send her to school (as opposed to homeschooling), she'll be every teacher's dream. She's really upped her skills lately, in following directions and controlling her little body. She's always done great at listening and obeying (for her age!). We're starting to get a little worried about how a boy will behave in contrast to Lucy. Tim's imagining all the crazy things a boy might do differently.

The dentist is a BIG step! Way to go Lucy! I can't wait for the little boy-ness to hit your household just for some different spice ... however, with Lucy as his big sister I am sure he will grow to be a perfect little gentleman and busy guy with all things sister. It will be wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Valerie