She found a toddler size table, and was happy to just sit there, with her little "Ernie taking a bath with Rubber Ducky toy" that she brought with her.
But then when it was her turn to go into the salon, she suddenly got less confident.
She didn't cry, or even really get sad, but she missed the fun of sitting in the cool shaped chairs in exchange for the "safety" of my lap! Finally, the box of zoo and barnyard animals brought her head erect and away from my body, allowing Elizabeth the professional chase her head around with a quick pair of scissors!!
Then she even got a little bit happy, and then POOF, we were done!
Proudly marching out of the salon, to get her stickers and hand stamped. A little overkill I think, but so is inviting everyone over to come with us too I guess!
Picking out our celebration cupcakes! Auntie Joanna peeking there in the back. After we bought them, we decided we needed to delay the fun, and eat a real lunch first. So off to Red Robin, but our photos stop here! Everyone including Lucy is pleased with her new look. It's funny, I think the pink ribbon makes her look younger, which is nice, since everyday she looks older and says more grown up things. I'm treasuring every minute!!!
Of course her locks of hair are going in our memorial box!! Thanks Joanna and Chrissie for celebrating this milestone with us!

Wouldn't have missed it - and I LOVE that family picture!
ReplyDelete